Jose G. Gonzalez
Born in McAllen, TX to a large hispanic family, both of Joe's parents were born in Mexico and immigrated while they were both very young. His dad was raised with eight siblings and his mother nine. Joe graduated from McAllen Memorial High School, received a bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University in College Station and a Law Degree from St Mary's University in San Antonio. He returned to Mcallen as soon as he graduated from St Mary's. He was licensed to practice law in 2006 and since that time has dedicated himself to representing his community.
In his earlier years, Joe coached tennis for the McAllen Parks and Recreation summer camp for two years, then worked the following two years at the McAllen Boys and Girls Club summer program. He has also volunteered his time on many municipal boards; Director- McAllen Economic Development Corporation, Chairman- McAllen Zoning Board of Adjustments, Chairman- Mcallen Civic Center Board, Parks and Rec Board Member, McAllen Planning and Zoning Board Member.
Married to his wonderful wife, together they raise five beautiful children. Joe's deep family roots in this community along side his community involvement have given him the privilege to form strong relationships with people all across the Rio Grande Valley. On his off time, Joe enjoys fishing and hunting and occasionally buying, selling and trading classic cars.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law - Employee
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Law Degree
- Texas A&M University in College Station
Pro Bono Activities
- McAllen Parks and Recreation Summer Camp, Tennis
- McAllen Boys and Girls Club Summer Program
- McAllen Economic Development Corporation, Director
- McAllen Zoning Board of Adjustments, Chairman
- Mcallen Civic Center Board, Chairman
- Parks and Recreation, Board Member
- McAllen Planning and Zoning, Board Member